academie: Shameless Plug

Edvard Gayer scavard at hotmail.com
Tue Oct 10 14:28:01 PDT 2000

Friends:

Pardon this half-plug/half-beg.  My barony, Dun Carraig, is hosting an event
on November 11th.  Unfortunately, we've not done a very good job advertising
it.

Why does the Academie care?  Well, for starters, there will be dancing.  In
fact, dancing is a prominent part of the event flyer, including classes and
exhibitions during the day.  But besides that, where else will you get a
chance to get your feet wet learning NEW DANCES?

That's right, Unky Vard has come up with a half-dozen Eastern European
dances which will be taught and performed.  The event has an Eastern
European theme to it, and the Barony asked me several months ago to try to
come up with some Eastern Eurpoean dances to teach.  It wasn't easy, and I
put a LOT of miles on my car doing the research (which isn't yet complete),
but if you're willing to come and let me share with you what I've got, I'm
more than willing to teach.

Anyway, the event staff would **REALLY** like to be able to say that the
dancing will be "sponsored" by the Academie, and I'd like to be able to tell
them that a lot of us will be there.  So whaddya say?  I've come to your
events, will you come to ours?  :)

(The event is November 11th in Leonardtown, MD, and the title is "Nevsky's
Revenge".  I'll forward a copy of the event flyer in a moment.)

// Vard //