academie: ADS - Middle Eastern and other issues

Kathleen Madsen kmadsen at hpsarch.com
Tue Oct 3 17:46:09 PDT 2000

Out here in the West our Shire puts on an annual Dance Ball with classes in
the afternoon, with a 1-1/2 to 2 hour break for dinner (no feast).  This is
followed by 3-4 hours of dance with a small selection of beverages and
finger munchies offered by the Shire.

For dinner groups of us gather together and descend on local food
establishments or picnic at the site.  People ganged up together to carpool,
invited others whom they didn't know at all, and took those without cars who
were interested.  It's an amazingly good way to get to know people -
'specially for us shy folk.  I've not heard one complaint about it from
anyone, and It's one of the best times I've ever had at an event.  Of
course, it was associated with dance...  ;)

Eibhlin