academie: Dancing at Isenfir's Silver Anniversary

Ken Buzzard KenBuzz at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 20 11:28:36 PDT 2000

I like the idea, and if I could make a suggestion:  Make certain that
somehow it's clear that the list of dances is the "list of dances".  By that
I mean that if the dance is not on the list, well, it's not part of the
ball.  This would be necessary to discourage folks from going off the list
and requesting things like ---- in the ----, ----------, and ---- to
the -----.  The list would need to be BIG, to provide plenty of choice, and
I would recommend breaking the ball into at least two parts... the
intermission could be used to let the band/dancers cool-off and provide the
Academie a chance to do a demonstration piece or two, and it would help the
dance master by allowing him to enforce the "if you want to dance that, ask
in the next set" rule.

Am I making sense?  If not, sorry... I'm a tad rushed these days.

-Vard