academie: New Plan -- Winter's Dance Symposium

Greg Lindahl lindahl at pbm.com
Tue Sep 5 07:02:11 PDT 2000

> According to one mapping program, Charlottesville
> is ~9 hours (without stops.. i.e. translates to 11 hours or so...) from the
> southern dancers in the Kingdom.. (Border Vale Keep IS in Georgia...)

Better double-check your program. It's 370 miles from Charlottesville
to Greenville SC. Agusta GA isn't that much farther. For Charleston
SC, head up I-95 and cut over -- I believe I've gotten to Savannah GA
(Meridies) in 8 hours.

On the other hand, it's a heck of a long way to the Eastern Shore of
Maryland to Charlottesville. That's why Richmond and Charlottesville
have always been considered good central sites for Unevent and the
like.

> If University is the next weekend, and ends up being a hike, as well,
> would we be drawing those folks away from University?

Maybe. But that's what's available. And yes, I would bet it's going to
be a Northern university, since that's the direction the rotation is
headed.

-- gb