academie: New Plan -- Winter's Dance Symposium

James C. Wagner Jr. james at cds.duke.edu
Mon Sep 4 08:58:07 PDT 2000

How's about if we try to UNITE the kingdom with his event... not say
that it's northern or southern.. Aren't there enough people attempting
to split us up, anyway? Lets try the unification tactic.. Divide and Conquer
isn't working..

Um, I'd consider if the date of the Dance Symposium would draw support of the
Academie away from University. According to one mapping program, Charlottesville
is ~9 hours (without stops.. i.e. translates to 11 hours or so...) from the
southern dancers in the Kingdom.. (Border Vale Keep IS in Georgia...)
Charlottesville is about 1/2 way between the center of NC and the top of
the Kingdom, but the folks south of me (Durham, NC) will have a trek.

If University is the next weekend, and ends up being a hike, as well,
would we be drawing those folks away from University?

Just food for thought...

James
Poeta