academie: New Plan -- Winter's Dance Symposium

Edvard Gayer scavard at hotmail.com
Fri Sep 1 14:15:13 PDT 2000

Hmmm.   Y'know, although I understand the strong points that the title
"Nothing But Dance" has, I somehow think that by using the word "Symposium"
we'll be making the event seem a bit grander.  I'm not really hung-up on the
name, honest, but I want to at least imply that this is a great big, "y'all
come or you'll miss something cool" event.

And if we co-opt the name "Atlantian", we lend even that much more to the
event.  (Anyone know of any reason why we CAN'T say "Atlantian"?)

I guess we should pick a name which not only matches what we're doing, but
which also has the largest draw potential.  Both titles do the former, so it
all boils down to whichever title is better at doing the latter.  :)

(PS, I tend to agree with Julianna and Eibhlin, of the two other choices,
AWDS sounds better to my ear than AWDSNS.)

-V (using the *right* account this time!)