academie: New Plan -- Winter's Dance Symposium

Oxford, David dmo at pqa.com
Fri Sep 1 14:18:29 PDT 2000

How about OFFICIALLY titling it "Atlantian Dance Symposium (or, Nothing But
Dance)"?  After all, the first one we did here was the "Isenfir Dance Symposium
(or, Nothing But Dance)", and it was pretty darn successful (the first event I
ever autocratted ... went pretty well :)  That way, you can informally call it
the Atlantian Dance Symposium, or you can call it Nothing But Dance, but either
way, you get the idea! :)  And it picks up on name recognition for Nothing But
Dance while lending the air of officiality from adding "Atlantian".

I'd definitely forgo any additional identifiers, personally.  Adding something
else on implies a lot of things (adding Northern implies maybe southerners
should just wait for THEIR turn, etc).  We can have as many Atlantian Dance
Symposia as we like.

I've so far not heard any complaints on the date (I know it's the week before
University, but there aren't too many OTHER good weekends in that area).  I've
got the paperwork filled out, minus the event title and our Seneschal's
signature, and the site is reserved, so by Monday hopefully we should be good to
go.  If there's a MAJOR complaint on the date, please try to let me know
IMMEDIATELY, as I'm going to file the paperwork over the weekend.

Thanks, y'all.  Hopefully this will be an outstanding little event!

Bryan