academie: FWD: pennsicdance: Caroso Style Ball

SCAVard at aol.com SCAVard at aol.com
Sun Aug 6 13:23:28 PDT 2000

Here is the dance list for the Caroso Ball at Pennsic, Friday, Aug 18th.  (A brief description of what a Caroso-style ball is included below that)

All in a Garden Green   Gracca Amorosa
Amoroso         Grimstock
Anello          Heart's Ease
Argeers         Jenny Pluck Pears
Ballo del Fiore     Leoncello Vecchio
Beggar Boy      Marchesana
Bella Gioiosa       Petit Vriens
Bizzaria d'Amore    Picking of Sticks
Black Almayn        Queen's Alman
Black Nag       Rosti Boli Gioioso
Carolingian Pavanne Rufty Tufty
Chestnut        Saltarello la Regina
Contentezza d'Amore Scotch Cap
Gelosia         Villanella

For those who don't know what a "Caroso" style ball is... (an excerpt from Del' Dance Book: How to Run a Ball -- The Caroso Ball):