academie: Dancing at Passage East (11/18) (take two)

SCAVard at aol.com SCAVard at aol.com
Wed Jun 28 17:21:21 PDT 2000

--part1_b8.7b4b966.268bc651_boundary

I attempted to send this from my non-AOl account, but I think I got bounced.  :)

All:

I have been contacted by the Autocrat for Falcon Cree's Passage East event in mid-November.  I've attached her email below.

She wants to have a Masqued Ball, and as luck would have it, the event is themed centering around Florence in the Late 15th Cy.  (I'm assuming the Florence in Italy, not the one in Kentucky).  Do we know anything about what was danced in 15th Cenutry Italy?   ;)

First things first.  We need to give her a local Academie point of contact.  Forgive me for not knowing my Atlantian geography as well as I should, but since Falcon Cree is in SC, it seems to make sense to give her a SC PoC.  (Alwyn?  Bran?  Julianna?)  Any volunteers?  :)

Next, she's never run, much less been to, a Masqued Ball, so she'll need help with things like arranging for musicians, making practices available during the day and perhaps the weeks prior to the event, printing up set lists, etc.  A lot of this we can do via email, and I'd like to have her talk to someone whose had recent autocratting experience with dance-related events.  (Bryan?  Etain?  Galeran?  Others?)  Again, anyone have the time to talk with her?

She says she's contacted the MSoB (Militant Society of Bards).  James, are you involved with this?

Go team, go!

-Vard

--part1_b8.7b4b966.268bc651_boundary