academie: Heraldry: opinions solicited

SCAVard at aol.com SCAVard at aol.com
Wed Jun 7 10:41:15 PDT 2000

All:

Golden Dolphin has contacted me, and she believes that the Academie *can* submit a badge containing Spike if we so want.  Further, the Kingdom would submit this heraldry on behalf of the Academie, so we would not have any problems with Laurel regarding this particular charge.  (All of this will be confirmed this Sunday, but Alanna thinks this is probably a can-do.)

Armed with this info (no pun intended), here's what I'd like to do.....

Step 1 - Confirm that the idea of having an Academie badge is a good one, and solicit for specific things that people might like to see on that badge.

Step 2 - Get a small group of us together -- preferably those with some heraldic experience -- to come up with 2 or 3 specific badge proposals.  (The heralds that I *know* of are myself, Bryan, Bran and Rowen... who else is out there?)

Step 3 - Present these proposals to the membership for comment, select one, and get the paperwork started.

Step 4 - Start making really cool heraldic stuff to wear to show us off to everyone!

So, to get the ball rolling, I'd like to start a discussion regarding whether or not having a badge is a good idea, and if so, what specific items/colors that badge might contain.  Don't worry if you don't speak heraldeese, that's someone else's job. :)

Comments anyone?