academie: Dancing in Bright Hills

SCAVard at aol.com SCAVard at aol.com
Thu May 4 08:22:23 PDT 2000

Your Excellency (and Academie Members):

Thank you for inviting the Academie to hold a dance practice in conjunction with Bright Hills' Friday fighter practice on 5/19.

I have made an inquiry of the Academie membership to see whether we can support this, and preliminary indications look good.  Several folks have said that they CAN make it, and as soon as I get confirmations as to who WILL make it, I will let You know.  However, based on the number of people in the CAN category, I'm reasonably confident that we will have someone there for You.  :)

Please go ahead with Your plans to announce this to the members of the Barony.  Obviously, we would like as large a turnout as possible (heck, we'd like the whole Barony to come and dance!), so if You wish to embellish Your announcement to help bring people out for this particular Friday, you'll get no complaints from us! :)

I do not remember the name of the Gentle who ran the dancing at Your Pas d'Armes last fall.  Can you refresh my memory, and perhaps extend a specific invitation to him?  He may be interested in joining the Academie, as to the best of my knowledge, there are no members yet from Bright Hills.

One of the things we would like to be able to arrange is to make dance recordings or tablatures available so we can start building a dance "library" in Bright Hills.  With some pre-planning, we might even be able to make this happen on the 19th, although it's probably more likely to happen at University in June.

I've taken the libery of CC'ing this to the Academie, and have included a copy of Your original invitation, including directions to the site.  Please go ahead and let Bright Hills know about this, and I will let You know who will be coming from the Academie.

Thanks for everything!

Your friend,
-Vard